Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
re-registration

17484 Views 15 Replies Latest reply: 2021-03-15 01:58:35

•   Level 1   
    (5) points
    jes0430na
    2014-12-05 15:03:38
     I've bought a used maxidas DS708 that was registered to the previous owner. I want to register it on my name but when I tried it, Autel says its already registered, how to change it to my name.

•   Level 7   
    (885) points
    fware

2014-12-06 06:15:41 (Reply to:jes0430na)

The old owner has to release the device from his account !
    Then you will be able to register it to your autel ID.

So contact the old owner.

•   Level 3   
    (57) points
    ToxicGumbo

2014-12-16 23:17:33 (Reply to:jes0430na)

That's bizarre.  It's supposed to allow you to transfer the registration since you've provided the original serial number and hardware password--sort of a form of proof that you have the hardware in your care.  If the device is still within the software update contract (1yr from initial registration), that might have something to do with it.

There have been many reports of people having registration problems of varying kinds, some due to knock-off clones, some due to earlier registrations, some due to corrupt files, etc.

If you genuinely can't update the registration, you'll need to contact the support number and let them know.  A documented response has been that Support will often be borderline belligerent about helping unless you renew the support contract.  That's not necessarily true and I would hold them to honoring the transfer so you can legitimately try the product out under your, legal, ownership.  Perhaps it would be helpful to publicly post your experiences with Support, here or in a new post(s).

-Jeff

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2014-12-17 07:40:38 (Reply to:jes0430na)

You can not register it again since is already registerd. All you need is the registered id
    and password from the previous owner, then log in to autel and change the id and
    password and pay the sub or leave it under his name and pay the sub.

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2014-12-17 07:42:19 (Reply to:ede65)

And by the way how much did you paid for this if you don't mind me asking?

•   Level 3   
    (57) points
    ToxicGumbo

2014-12-17 19:07:57 (Reply to:ede65)

While I respect your thoughts on this, I stand by what I've already stated: that people have had different experiences with registration and that it's supposed to allow the ability to transfer registration to a different account--and has in some circumstances as I have done this for people myself. 

Nevertheless, this is something that's 100% adjustable on the backend and should involve technical support (given the inability to do so as the end user).

-Jeff

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2014-12-19 07:28:58 (Reply to:ToxicGumbo)

Well sir and I respect yours as well, and although having a serial number and
    password does prove the tool is in ones hands it does not mean it was acquired legit, it
    could have been stolen, which is the whole porpuse of registering the tool. And I also
    stand by what I said he should contact the person he bought the tool from if he indeed
    bought it, and get this information then transfer the tool to his name, or leave it under
    this person's name. However there has been cases where support has done this
    without so many questions. This is what I understood from your post, correct me if am
    wrong and keep in mind my english is not the best.

•   Level 3   
    (57) points
    ToxicGumbo

2014-12-19 15:41:45 (Reply to:ede65)

ede65, I think your advice is great and you're of course correct about the serial number and password.  

There was a theory going around that at some point, Autel changed their registration around in a way that treated some of the older accounts differently from more recently registered accounts (new backend & legacy systems).   Who knows and I'm probably just confusing the matter.

I agree with ede65 about contacting the original owner.  Claims from DS708 owners about "product support" on this matter (purchasing used systems) have not been very positive. 

-Jeff

•   Level 1   
    (3) points
    Ghost

2020-09-12 13:47:09

Hi guys im kind.of having the same problem i purchased a mx808 from CarQuest but when i opened it  allready had  been registered and has a password on it ? Can costomer service help me out you think or better off call carquest for infos

•   Level 1   
    (6) points

2020-09-13 00:02:38 (Reply to:jes0430na)

How to change it to my. Name
  Total2 Pages